Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wish I could let it go like Lindsay!

Two blogs in one week!  Just had to write about how I was feeling today!

We went to Target to spend a birthday gift card Lindsay received.  Just so you know, she went straight for the purses!  She knew exactly what she wanted.....SOLD!  She had some remaining funds  on her gift card so we shopped around the store and was in the "paper" isle when two high school aged girls came around the corner. They seemed to have a whip lash turning around to inspect Lindsay as we walked by.  It was if I was watching in slow motion, wanting to react but was frozen. I am not usually affected by this but today, they giggled at her, talked in a whisper and went on their way.

Long ago I realized that when people aren't informed, they act out of fear or insecurity. While Lindsay attended high school here in town, we had an awesome experience with the students at school.  Lindsay's peer companions learned from her and she from them.  It was heartwarming and endearing.  Today, I experienced something I haven't seen in awhile and maybe that is why I was so dumbfounded, unable to speak out and say anything. I can think of plenty I would like to have said but then, it would have fallen on deaf ears too. 

That is why, I wish I could let it go like Lindsay.  She never holds a grudge, she forgives, she loves and doesn't judge.  She looked at the girls too and I wonder what she thought. She has excellent intuition and probably thought they didn't deserve another glance and whatever her thoughts, she continued walking to find the "papers" she so loves and didn't let it take one more second thought! Something I need to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment