Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Angels amoung us!

I had intended to write more about Lindsay's language and how it has changed over the years but that will wait till next week!

After last weekend when Jerry and I were able to go to Denver and have time for just us, I felt the need to say how blessed we are with those angels amoung us! They are the people in our lives who help us have those moments for just ourselves.

When you have children, you need babysitters! As your kids grow, especially kids with special needs, finding babysitters become more of an issue. Lindsay is almost 25 and it isn't as easy as calling the neighborhood babysitter to come down and watch her anymore. When we aren't with Lindsay, we need someome who is willing to watch her 24 hours, who is willing to help her in the bathroom, to assist with seizures if they happen, understand her language,etc. It is a big responsibility and one that Jerry and I pass along, which is hard to do sometimes. It is so comforting to know she is cared for with love and concern and that we are able to let go of our control if you will and "be".

I think of my dear friend, Eileen and her special needs daughter who needs more care than our Lindsay. I recently shared lunch with her and heard about their trip to Costa Rica,just her and her husband and the effort it took for her to get away. I listened to her telling me about her trip, thinking to myself, I know how precious a time it was for her, how we all need that time to refresh our relationships.

So whether it be family, friends, caregivers who help us when we need that little respite, Jerry and I say thank you. You are our angels as we release our care over to you for our precious kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment