Monday, December 13, 2010

Always amazed at Lindsay's intuition

It  is "looking a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go".  Some people are happy, some are sad or too busy to know how they feel!  The list of things to do becomes longer, our recipes from last year are revisited, cleaning the house for guests to arrive and it is all very exciting. 

With all that is going on, I was made aware of my mood today when Lindsay and I were at the grocery store.  I did pretty well to get out of the house and run errands early since I have lots on my to-do list. Rush and multi-task, for more rushing and more tasks! She kept coming up to me and giving me a big hug and kissing my cheek.  I found myself irritated at first as she would come up in front of me when I was looking at the shelf for an item. After the second or third time, I said to her, "you are awfully lovey today". Then "aah-ha", it donned on me.  She, as usual, was intuitive to my mood and was trying to slow me down. She was telling me in her own way, "it's okay, mom and you need a hug".  So true and just what I needed and after my aaah ha moment, our hug lasted longer. 

I have come to realize that things always work out and that often the obstacles we face our ourselves. If we stop moving and thinking and fixing, that we often find a treasure under our agitation. My treasure today was that my daughter sensed my mood, saw what needed to be done and thankfully, I stopped the stirring of my mind enough to realize what she was telling me.

Thank you Lindsay for your intuitiveness, for your long hugs and for reminding me of the treasure of staying in the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment